Just because money is tight, your clothes don’t have to be. Today’s more conservative mood gives you an opportunity to concentrate on simple things that really matter – like the company of others and a healthy, delicious meal. Fill up on the ambience, not the food.
- Share a meal. Consider ordering one appetizer and one entrée to share. You may think it’s not going to be enough, but you will realize afterwards it was just fine.
- Brown-Bag it. Save money while controlling portion size by planning ahead.
- Buy the lunch special. Feel free to order it but take home some of it to make it into another meal (or two).
- Have soup. If you see soup on the menu order it. It’s cheap, delicious and filling.
- Take a walk and save money. If you have time to walk then walk.
- Consider taking the stairs. Go up one flight or down two.
- Reward yourself. Put the money you saved into a jar and spend it on something that will last.
- Be creative. Meet at a museum rather than a restaurant.